Course Description and Objectives
The course educates workers in how to keep themselves safe using personal protective equipment. OSHA and ANSI standards are discussed. Students will understand PPE limitations and how to properly select, inspect, care for, clean and use personal protective equipment.
- Introduction to the importance of personal protective equipment
- Understanding what a PPE assessment is and why it is needed
- Discussion of the Hierarchy of Controls. Students learn that PPE is the last line of defense. A decision making process that includes thinking through using elimination, substitution, engineering controls and engineering controls before relying on the use of PPE
- Discussion of different types of PPE including head protection, eye and face protection, respiratory protection, hearing protection, foot protection, and others. Students will understand PPE limitations and how to properly select, inspect, care for, clean and use personal protective equipment.
- A final exam with a score of at least 70% required to pass the class
- Training time with exam- 25 minutes