Course Description and Objectives
The course educates workers in the potential hazards of working with ladders and methods to eliminate or control the hazards. OSHA’s ladder requirements are discussed and how they apply to construction work.
- Introduction to ladder safety.
- Understanding different types of ladders and how to choose the correct ladder. Focus is given to portable extension and step ladders. Consideration is given to what type of work will be done, where the work will be done, and understanding the weight capacities of ladders.
- Proper procedures for inspecting ladders
- Understanding how to use ladder safely. This includes how to set up, access, and work off ladders. OSHA standards and best safe work practices are discussed.
- A final exam with a score of at least 70% required to pass the class
Training Time with exam- 20 minutes